New Listing: A Gorgeous 1925 Four-Square in Winston-Salem, $849,000
464 Carolina Circle, Winston-Salem
The Henry and Vera Sherrill House
- 5 bedrooms, 3 1/2 bathrooms, 3,281 square feet, 0.72 acre
- Price/square foot: $259
- Built in 1925
- Listed March 22, 2021
- Last sale: $575,000, February 2002
- Note: Henry H. Sherrill (1886-1973) was president of Sherrill Paving Company. He bought the property in 1922. He and his wife, Vera (1892-1976) sold the house to their daughter, Annie Louise, in 1957 but continued to live there at least into the early 1960s.
- The 1940 Census showed Henry and Vera at the address with their seven children: Frank, 27 years old; George, 25, Annie Louise, 22; Ralph, 20; Henry Jr., 18; James, 15; and Leon, 13. Two lodgers also were listed at the house.
- Son James Nelson Sherrill (1926-2012) graduated from the NCSU School of Design and became a noted architect. He lived his adult life in Hickory and outlived his sister and all five brothers.