Updated September 23, 2019
- $3.45 million
- 10 bedrooms, 8 full bathrooms and two half-bathrooms, 9,285 square feet, 48.23 acres
- Price/square foot: $372
- Built in 1934
- Listed January 17, 2019
- Last sale: $1.3 million, December 2017
- Note: The house was designed by Delano & Aldrich of New York.
- The property is what remains of a 1,500-acre hunting retreat developed from 1911 to 1931 by William Rabb Craig, a New York cotton and sugar broker who died in 1931. Craig’s widow built the house on the site of a hunting lodge built in the 1910’s.
- The listing says a $5 million restoration of the house was completed in 2007.
- The property includes a guest cabin built in 1933, a barn built in the 1910’s and a pond.
- It is now a bed and breakfast and a wedding/event venue.
- $1.75 million
- 4 bedrooms, 3 full and 2 half bathrooms, 6,226 square feet, 200 acres
- Price/square foot: $281
- Built in 1790
- Listed June 1, 2018
- Last sale: Unavailable in online records
- Note: The property apparently has a Yanceyville address but is located in the Locust Hill area, southwest of Yanceyville.
Listing: “The Moore-Gwyn-Ewalt House, a classic Federal style attributed locally to a design by Thomas Jefferson [Note: Jefferson’s name does not appear in the National Register documentation] was originally built in 1790 for Samuel Moore, a successful planter. The current owners added 2 flanking wings in 1995 housing 2 additional master bedrooms, a kitchen, family room & 2 offices. The 200+/- acres of fields & managed forests give the Moore-Gwyn-Ewalt House the appropriate landscape for its period & history, including the formal boxwood gardens & a fenced garden. Heated & cooled Guest House. Pond”
1700 Richardson Drive, Reidsville
Belmont, The Robert Payne Richardson Jr. House, 1912
The Robert Payne Richardson Houses Historic District
- $950,000 (originally listed at $1.25 million)
- 6 bedrooms, 5 1/2 bathrooms, 8,946 square feet, 8.67 acres
- Price/square foot: $106
- Built in 1912
- Listed June 13, 2018
- Last sale: Unclear in online records
- Note: Belmont is one of the three Richardson family homes comprising the principal structures of the Robert Payne Richardson Houses Historic District on the National Register of Historic Places. The district consists of 22 buildings and structures on about 30 acres near downtown Reidsville.
- Listing: “The home has been completely restored … currently being used as a private residence and venue for weddings and other events.”
- This is the fourth time the current owners have put the house on the market. The original price was $1.495 million.
- County property records say the house has 8,946 square feet. A current listing lists that figure and an additional 3,332 unfinished square feet for a total of 12,278.
- $735,000 (originally listed at $750,000)
- 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 3,757 square feet, 32 acres
- Price/square foot: $196
- Built in 1921
- Listed April 6, 2018
- Last sale: $365,000, May 1999
- Note: The property includes a pond and a detached building that could be used as a studio, guest house or workshop.