529 W. Allenton Street, Mount Gilead, Montgomery County
Mount Gilead Waterworks Plant
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 2 half-bathrooms, 1,443 square feet, 1 acre
- Price/square foot: $117
- Built in 1932
- Listed May 1, 2021
- Last sale: $23,000, April 2014
- Note: The building was converted into a residence in 2015. It still needs some interior and exterior work.
- It was constructed in 1932 by the Works Progress Administration.
- The property includes a goldfish tank and a catfish tank.
- The Mount Gilead Waterworks Plant is under protective covenants held by Preservation North Carolina. Contact Dawn Williams via email or 919-832-3652 x221 to request a copy.
- The photos with the listing aren’t great. The video tour is better.