1415 Kellenberger Drive, McLeansville
Blog post 1 (April 2017)
Blog post 2 (May 2018)
contract pending as of September 23, 2019
- Sold for $650,000 on October 31, 2019 (originally listed at $750,000)
- 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 3,757 square feet, 32 acres
- Price/square foot: $173
- Built in 1921
- Listed April 6, 2018
- Last sale: $365,000, May 1999
- Note: The property includes a pond and a detached building that could be used as a studio, guest house or workshop.
118 S. Cherry Street, Winston-Salem
The Conrad-Starbuck House
Conrad-Starbuck House NRHP
- Sold for $330,000 on August 16, 2019 (listed at $699,000)
- 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, 5,129 square feet
- Price/square foot: $64
- Built in 1890
- Listed April 30, 2018
- Last sale: $630,000, April 2008
- Note: The house is being marketed as a B&B, office, business or restaurant.
- The property is next to the Cherry Street exit ramp on Business 40.
2177 Highway 801 S., Advance, Davie County
The John Edward Bell Shutt House
Shutt House NRHP
- Sold for $82,500 on July 29, 2019 (listed at $89,900)
- 4 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 1,606 square feet, 6 acres
- Price/square foot: $51
- Built in 1885
- Last sale: The property has been in the Shutt family since the houses were built.
- Note: The original one-and-a-half story timber frame house was built in 1885; the larger three-bay-wide weatherboard story-and-a-half house was added in 1905. They’re connected by a breezeway, providing air circulation throughout the house.
- The property is eligible for state and federal tax credits.
2058 Brentwood Street, High Point
The Model Farm
Model Farm NRHP
- Sold for $31,100 on December 19, 2018 (listed at $30,000)
- 7 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 3,359 square feet, 1.99 acres
- Price/square foot: $9
- Built in 1867
- Listed September 13, 2018
- Last sale: $30,000, May 2014
- Note: The property, once 200 acres, now sits in a commercial/industrial area and is not suitable for residential use.
- From the National Register nomination (2008): “The Model Farm house manifests a high degree of integrity due to its retention of its original, character-defining exterior architectural elements such as weatherboards, window and door surrounds, and the sidelights surrounding the front door. The interior also possesses good integrity, with original fireplace mantels, ten-foot ceilings, and door and window surrounds. The original stair design includes simple rectangular balusters and a turned newel post and cap. The original floor plan is intact other than the installation of a bathroom in place of the pantry between the dining and kitchen in the 1940s. … The Model Farm was established by the Baltimore Association of Friends to Advise and Assist Friends in Southern States in 1867 to educate Southern Quakers and other area farmers of the most modern methods to reclaim the soil, practice animal husbandry, and produce abundant crops.”
707 Blair Street
The James H. and Anne B. Willis House
Willis House NRHP
- Sold for $524,095 on August 2, 2017 (originally listed at $600,000)
- 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 3,077 square feet
- Price/square foot: $170
- Built in 1965
- Listed April 8, 2017
- Last sale: $495,000, October 2002
- Neighborhood: Irving Park
- Note: Mid-Century Modern classic, designed by the Lowenstein-Atkinson firm. The house has been meticulously restored by the current owners. Lot is 0.7 acre.